Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Landoll Family Creamy Corn Dip


It's Halloween Party season and what sounds more like fall than corn??  I had this dip for the first time when I went to Kansas to visit Darren's family for the first time.  We went to a tailgate party for the Kansas State vs. Baylor game (RG3 years).  I tried a bite of it and was like, woah, this stuff rocks!!  I later found out that Darren had it in a family cookbook.  Since that day, I have made this dip for many occasions including Super Bowl parties and New Years Eve.  It's super easy, super tasty, and easy cleanup. Why? There will be no leftovers when you leave the party!! LOL


It's pretty simple, really.  This dip can easily be made an hour before the event (just in case you forget or procrastinate like I tend to do).  It's all measuring, draining, and chopping.  Aside from that, it's just a matter of seasoning (although I usually don't since it's DELICIOUS on it's own).  Corn with vegetables in a creamy mixture that has just a hint of spice... Yummy!

I usually opt for the low-to-reduced fat options in making this since I like to eat a lot of it.  It can be made with full fat sour cream and regular mayo or low to no fat sour cream and Miracle Whip.  Thanks to Janeen for introducing me to this party hit!

Corn Dip:
1 c Sour Cream
1 c Mayo or Miracle Whip
1-10 oz can of Ro-Tel Canned Tomatoes with Green Chilis, drained
2-11 oz cans Green Giant Mexicorn, drained
1 Bunch Green Onions, chopped
6 to 8 oz shredded cheese (I like Sharp Cheddar)

Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.  Chill and serve with lots of Tortilla Chips... Bring a lot, or you won't get any!!  

Enjoy!
Love,
Lura

No comments:

Post a Comment